Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring break: Keeping Texas Weird

I spent spring break in Austin, Texas.  And came back to a whole LOT of stress. Seriously, I freaked out. My poor students.  I get crazy with them when I'm stressed.  

Austin felt like a suburban mix of hipsters and real life people. I wish I went to SXSW, but then again, it was nice to be able to SEE Austin instead of maneuvering through the people.

Why Texas?  Well, I've always wanted to go and we needed to pick a place. It was a cousins trip! We got to eat, drink, and go to the zoo!
 Don't worry, the turtle is not dead.  Life's hard.
This peacock was showing off. Strutting her stuff at the zoo without a cage!

I hope you get to visit Austin one day because the food truck scene is AMAZING.  It makes me want to quit my job and start a food truck.  

Patika coffee truck!
 Austin has a cool saying, "Keep Austin Weird."  And it is weird. Because everyone is super nice.  And that was weird.

 I enjoy coming back to the city though, we have a few food truck gems too.  Such as the Wafels and Dinges truck. Which smears fresh, hot wafels with a spekuloos creme, thats like some sort of highly addictive cookie butter. See below.  

Drool. I'm not even on twitter and I follow the tweets from the wafels and dinges truck.

     James and I are trying out a pescatarian diet this month. We couldn't give up sushi, but meat we can do.   I look forward to some of the new recipes I will try. Stay tuned! 

1 comment:

  1. That's an amazing photo of the peacock

    My mouth is watering just thinking about wafels & dinges!

    ReplyDelete