Tuesday, October 30, 2012

What's up with this blog name?

In case your wondering about the name of this blog, My Stomach Be Rumblin', here's an explanation. I love food. Eating food, cooking food, and occasionally baking. AND, I teach biology and earth science to high school students who are new to this country. They are great students and I love my job. Sometimes, they say the strangest, funniest things!

Question during a lesson on reproductive systems:

Student: What would happen if there was sperm on the sidewalk and suddenly an egg falls in that exact spot.  Would that make a baby?

Me: Okayyyy, let's say this is even possible. Where would this sidewalk baby live?  

Here are a few glimpses into my classroom. The plastic dinosaur is named Vazquez.
Vazquez, causing havoc


A student made cell with hormone receptors
A group of students making a slime cell model.
Students grew beans in the closet.  Look at this monster!
Lastly, this blog is named after this conversation: 

Me: Why were you absent yesterday?

Student: Miss...my stomach be rumblin'



No comments:

Post a Comment