Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hurricane Sandy and I

New York is pretty crazy right now.  But you wouldn't know that from midtown and above.  I am imagining downtown to look like a scene from Cloverfield.  One day and three Hulu shows later, I was going to go crazy from boredom.  I didn't want to work, and I couldn't go outside.
The bread aisle at the food emporium. 
A down tree. Poor tree.
     Anyways, in terms of school, we're getting three solid days off.  Which is a bad thing in my opinion. With the jewish holidays, election day, veterans day, columbus day, PSAT day, and parent teacher conferences, my students barely see me.    Which means, when they fail exams, I get blamed.  Don't blame me New York State!  I tried.  Sigh. 
    I baked apple hand pies that I saw on smitten kitchen and another blog called, pencilkitchen.  Just mash the recipes together. I would share the recipe I used, but I'm a terrible baker and I didn't measure anything.  Which makes baking a bit more adventurous wouldn't you say?


The set up. I found a raspberry.

About to go in the oven. 

Delicious!



1 comment:

  1. om nom nom.
    those look sooo good.
    looking forward to more recipes and student quotes.

    ReplyDelete