Sunday, August 25, 2013

It's still summer. Thank god.

Today I had brunch with my sister and Christina.  It was a gorgeous day!

We went to Jacob's Pickles in the upper west side.  The portions make me want to do lunges as I eat. I didn't eat the grits.  There was a helluva lot of cheddar in the grits and that freaked me out.
I also didn't eat the bacon, but I repurposed them in my dinner. (farmers market tomatoes, basil and bacon with ricotta arugula ravioli). I can't believe my basil plant is still alive.

We went through a street fair afterward and stopped at a thrift store.  Apparently, buying everything in 3's really helps save money.  Plus my sister haggled with the vendors since she is still in Egypt mode. We bought three lockets and three dresses!

After my sister left, Christina and I proceeded to have real talk. This is where I basically give her advice she didn't ask for.  I give her advice because I know how tough it is to be in your mid-twenties.  I'm so glad my tumultuous 20's are almost over. 
Although, I'm quite fond of 29.  Maybe my thirties can wait. 

If anyone knows me, they know my cousins too.  After all, I'm Amy's maid of honor and she's mine. 
Our families all came to this country together and weekends and holidays were always jam packed with family.  We might be all separated now, but we keep in touch. We call for advice. We tell each other everything. We listen. It's nice. 

Here's an old picture of me and Amy.  Victor and Christina are there too. Apparently, we are having a blast.

I don't know if we were friends at this age  (age 7?).  I think our parents put us together in a room and hoped for the best.

James is on some hiking trip.  He is carrying everything he needs for two days on this back and hiking up mountains.  I wasn't invited and that's totally okay with me.  I'm not good with inclines.


No comments:

Post a Comment